Andouille Sausage – Preparation
Most Grocery stores will have Andouille or some form of sausage in the butcher case. Purchase enough for each person.
In a pan, add 1 inch of water. On medium heat, bring the water to a simmer and add the sausage. Simmer until the water dries up and then keep cooking the Sausage until it turns a golden brown color on the outside.
Apple Cider Caramelized Onions and Apples
1 Onion – Sliced into Rings
1 Apple – Sliced and Cored
2 Tbsp of Apple Cider
1 Tbsp of Honey
In the same pan as the sausage, add sliced onions that have been separated into rings. Add the sliced apples, but do not mix them with the onions. Leave the sausage on the side to keep warm and browning. Drizzle the Honey over the Onion rings and then add the Apple cider. Keep stirring and turning until the onions are a caramelized and the apples are golden brown on both sides.
Sauteed Collard Greens
Wash the Collard greens thoroughly in the sink. Cut the ribs out of each of the leaves. Fold them in half horizontally and slice the leaves into thin ribbons. In a wok or deep dish pan, add 1 tbsp of light olive oil. Sautee the collard ribbons in the oil until they are a bright green and remove from the heat.
- Cajun Bar-b-qued Shrimp with Butternut Quinoa Tweet Cajun Bar-B-Cued Shrimp inspired by The Plantation Cookbook A...
- Poached Flounder with Carrots, Parsley and Capers [Recipe] Tweet For the past few days, I have been attempting...
- Day 2: Chef Larry Fournillier’s 14 Day Healthy Cooking Challenge – Garlic Lemon Chicken & Pesto Peas Tweet Today is actually the First day of Chef Larry...
- Harvest apples in the Heartland of America Tweet Last week, I had the chance to visit Culver...
- Day 3: Chef Larry Fournillier’s Healthy Cooking Challenge – Creole Chicken over Quinoa Tweet On Day 2 of Chef Larry Fournillier’s Healthy Cooking...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.